Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To My Son


It’s March of 2010 and you’ve just turned one. Your father and I haven’t been around many kids before, so to us you are one and simply amazing. I just realized today that you haven’t been biting me anymore. It’s nice when you turn that developmental corner. You eat everything in sight and especially if it comes off of Mommy or Daddy’s plate. Watching you dance as you DJ at your piano is probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. Oh, and I'm so glad to see that you got your rhythm from me.

I would describe you as a cool, relaxed baby. It is easy to take you out because you enjoy just sitting back and watching the world around you. You smile for everything and everyone. Strangers love to look at you, you smile, they smile back and then I hear, “he is so cute.” Your smile is one of those knowingly coy, but not trying to hard grins. It’s perfect, just like you. I’m working hard to be a good Mommy to you and I feel rewarded every time you just look in my direction. I'm just looking forward to many more laughs and smiles.

Love Always,

Your Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment